Tuesday, May 11, 2010

THIRTY

So, I turned the big 3-0, last week.  It's crazy to say it and even crazier to type it.  But, I feel good about it- about where we are in life.  We have had our babies, and we have "settled" so to speak.  We are content.  Sure, we still have goals we are aiming for, and things we want to do- but we are happy where we are, on the way to where we are going. 

I think that is a great thing to be able to say at 30.  

I look at it this way, we've had our babies--we got thru the crying and the sleepless nights.  We got thru the teething and the diapers.  We got thru the "tough" stuff.  We can now sit back and enjoy ourselves a little, before life goes crazy again.  Because, that is how it works.  Life is a series of ups and downs, and smooths and rough spots.  

Before long, Alexis will be starting school- and then Jaxen.  Our lives will suddenly be filled with extracurricular activities, pta meetings, and such.  We will be at sports games on the weekends-and trying to fit in family trips when there is time.  We are at the "FUN" part...and I am so excited to be here!

Sure, there will still be struggles and disappointments.  But, we handle them like everything else- we will pull together, lean on one another and hold on tight for the ride.   

I will get wrinkles, and Kyle will get a gray hair or two. ( I won't-because I will insist on getting my hair colored so often, that I won't notice ;))
We are starting to realize now, that we are full-blown parents.  We are at the stage, where we remember our parents being- when we were small, but old enough to remember some things.

So, this decade I look forward to the many memories we will create as a family.  I say, bring on the roller coaster ride--because I am ready!  We were made strong by the first years of struggling, and we can take anything! (almost anything--except for moving too far away from a Starbucks) 

I am looking forward to this decade most of all, because I know that in my next decade both of my kids will be teenagers--and that is just scary-- So, please let this decade last forever! :) 




By the way, I had a LOVELY and very Grown Up Dinner out with friends for my 30th.  My husband treated me to a fabulous truffle steak/lobster tail dinner with champagne, wine and sauternes.  I had 2 amazing cakes, and just got to bask in the moment of being right where I wanted to be at 30! (whew-I almost typed 40---NOT GOOD)
My husbands favorite photo from the night out! 


Thanks to everyone who made my day so extra-special! I love you all!







No comments: